Warm Up 2014
Saturdays, June 28–September 6, 2014
3–9 PM, doors open at Noon
MoMA PS1 presents Warm Up 2014, beginning June 28 and taking place every Saturday this summer through September 6. Now celebrating its 17th year, the museum's highly anticipated outdoor music series will continue its tradition of introducing audiences to the best in experimental live music, sound, and DJs—both local and international—across a range of genres. Warm Up supports both established and emerging artists by creating a platform that allows for experimentation and provides a space for collaboration, new material, and side-projects. The annual series is held in MoMA PS1's courtyard, which this year will feature a temporary urban landscape by Hy-Fy called The Living, the winning design of the 15th annual Young Architects Program.
This year, Warm Up will be once again conceived by a curatorial committee, selected by the museum to represent a wide spectrum of expertise in music, sound, and the performing arts.
Selected by MoMA PS1 Director Klaus Biesenbach and organized by MoMA PS1 Curatorial Assistant and Warm Up Producer, Margaret Knowles, the Warm Up 2014 committee includes: Dean Bein, Head of True Panther Sounds; Robin Carolan, Head of Tri Angle Records; Jonathan Galkin, Co-Founder of DFA Records; Eliza Ryan, of the Whitney Museum of American Art; Brandon Stosuy, Senior Editor for Pitchfork; Imogene Strauss, of Cool Managers; and Matt Werth, Label Head of RVNG Intl.
In addition, Warm Up will draw from local New York design talent, featuring rotating stage installations, organized by Jocelyn Miller, MoMA PS1 Curatorial Assistant.
STAY TUNED FOR THE 2014 LINEUP
Admission to Warm Up is mandatory for entry into MoMA PS1 on Warm Up Saturdays.
Become a MoMA PS1 Plus Member and enjoy four free Warm Up tickets and other benefits.
Long Island City Residents—with proof of residency in ZIP codes 11101 and 11109—receive one free ticket on a first come, first served basis until tickets are sold out. Please note that a limited number of tickets are set aside for Long Island City Residents per Warm Up. Guests of LIC residents must purchase tickets.
PLEASE BE ADVISED:
- Lineup is subject to change.
- As Warm Up is a special event, MoMA PS1's regular admission policy does not apply.
- MoMA PS1 Galleries will close at 6 PM on Warm Up Saturdays.
- Warm Up is an outdoor event and takes place rain or shine.
- There are no Group Visits or Tours on Warm Up Saturdays.
- The following categories do not receive free admission to Warm Up: MoMA Members, MoMA Corporate Members, MoMA Corporate Student Members, MoMA admission ticket holders, MoMA Annual Pass holders, other museum staff & members of the press who have not been authorized in advance.
- Entry and re-entry are not permitted after 8:40 PM.
- Outside food and alcohol are not permitted.
- M. Wells Dinette is open for cocktails and grab-and-go food items from 12–9 PM during Warm Up Saturdays. Event admission required for entry.
For downloadable high-resolution images, register at MoMA.org/press
Refer to the VISIT page for directions to MoMA PS1.