My images are ostensibly invented; but you should not let their invented-ness get in the way. Look at them as though they are something I have seen; because indeed I have. Look so that what seems abstract becomes Reality burning.
It burns when a connection is made. It remembers something barely known, forgotten, yet close at hand. It burns like a song you have been hearing your whole life but never out loud.
I am from San Francisco, and I have lived in New York City since 1992. By painting, I've been staring down my dearest wish to give these dreams flesh and blood. I work in Long Island City; I live in Astoria, Queens with my lovely wife, my miracle son, two cats, and this sneaking suspicion.
- Change; Flushing Town Hall Art Center, Flushing, NY; group exhibition. 2009 Celebrate! Long Island City; group exhibition. 2009
- Familiar Spaces: Reconsidered; Art-O-Mat Gallery, Long Island City, New York; group exhibition. 2008
- Neiman Center for Print Studies, Columbia University; three man exhibition. 2007
- Federal Building, Jamaica, Queens; group exhibition 2006
- Queensborough Community College, Bayside, Queens; group exhibition. 2006
- LIC Artlofts, Inc., Long Island City, Queens; group exhibition. 2005